LILA After-School Activities & Clubs
So much happens all the time at LILA and our surrounding communities—it’s hard to keep up with all of the opportunities here. Check out these resources for clubs, organizations, and regular activities for LILA students. Let us know of any others! We don’t specifically endorse or recommend any particular organization here, but we encourage our students to become involved and active citizens.
Some clubs and activities are open at certain times of the year. When we receive information from the advisor, we try to keep the information updated here. Let us know if you have ideas for additional sports or have questions about those listed here.
Here are some of the clubs at LILA:
- KickFit - 2:15-3:15 Wednesdays, Main Campus, Fall Registration Flyer
- LILA Ski Club
- Archery Club
Dates: 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10, 11/17, 12/1, 12/8, 12/15
An Upper School archery team (6th-12th grade students) starts Nov. 7. Registration details will be available with the other winter sports registration.
- Running Club - Main Campus Flyer & Waiver (PDF)
- Soccer Club
- Karate - Main Campus Flyer (PDF)
- Chess Club - Main Campus Flyer (PDF)
Clubs And Activities For Upper School Students
Fall 2017 Information
For all sports except Clay Targets, practices will be Tuesday-Friday. Start dates will vary from August 22-29, depending on the sport.
- Girls' Swimming
- Boys' Soccer
- Girls' Soccer
- Girls' Volleyball
- Co-ed Clay Targets: Registration closes on Thurs., Sept. 7. First practice is Mon., Sept. 11, at the Forest Lake Sportsmen's Club. Runs through 10/30 (8 weeks). Meets every Monday at 5:30. Important info here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hPmTfq_XNw5-FI_IbmpjxBru503ec5QdzuJoyxyt420/edit
Here's the updated Athletics and Activities brochure for descriptions and information about practice times, cost, start date, etc.
Note: Applications for NJHS, NHS and Student Government will be available at the front desk and on the LILA activities website starting Fri., Sept. 8. Applications and teacher recommendations are due Fri., Sept. 22. Parents will complete registration on RSchool Today and pay the registration fee ONLY if their child is accepted.
- National Junior Honor Society (Grades 6-8): Meets Mondays after school or before school. Application required.
- National Honor Society (Grades 9-12): Meets Mondays after school or before school. Application required.
- Garden Club
- Anime Club
- Debate Club (pending).
Important RSchool Today Registration Information
Do not click the “Pay Now” button. LILA uses FeePay for payments; if you click “Pay Now” on RSchool Today, it will ask for a credit card (which we cannot take) and it won’t let you finish your registration. It's also possible that you will get charged twice if you click the Pay Now button. Again, we aren't set up to receive payments through RSchool so all payments need to be completed through FeePay.
Click the “Pay Later” button and pay through FeePay. It will show that you owe money on your RSchool Today account, but don’t worry about that. We are currently working with RSchool Today to get the payment buttons removed. Thank you for your patience!
Items Needed To Participate In An Activity
- RSchool Today registration
- Payment on FeePay
- No outstanding activity/athletics payments or equipment/uniforms not returned from previous seasons
Check Activity Scheduler For Game Times & More
After you register on Activity Scheduler, you'll receive automatic notifications about activities, athletics, and clubs of your choosing. The info there will be updated regularly with practice times, games, competitions, etc.
- Forest Lake Area Community Ed
- Hardwood Creek Washington County Library
- YMCA of Forest Lake
- Forest Lake Area Athletic Association
- Forest Lake Baseball Association
- Forest Lake Hockey Association
- Boy Scouts
- Girl Scouts
- 4-H in Washington County
See the LILA Activities Calendar for specific groups, events, and times.
Lakes International Language Academy respects your family's privacy. In compliance with Minnesota law, we offer a Data Privacy Notice (called a Tennessen Notice) for your review when we request any information about your student or family.