Stay active in brain and body this summer with a LILA summer camp!
Language and Culture Based Camps:
- Camp del Sol and Camp Taiyang: Ease into next school year and brush up on language skills through fun and games! Scroll to the end of this page for details.
- Camp Dragon: Open for students entering 5th grade and up, learn about Chinese culture from visiting Chinese youth, and share U.S. culture via field trips to many nearby attractions. This is a great way to try out hosting, too! Click here for more information.
Special Interest Camps:
- Archery Camp: Archery Camp is open to LILA students in grades 4-12. Note: Only the 2nd Session from 6:30-8:00 p.m. is open for registration as of June 12. View the registration document for more information. No experience necessary!
- Sports Camps: LILA is excited to partner with the YMCA of Forest Lake. View the PDF flyer here or visit the website. Offerings include Track & Field, Basketball, and Soccer over the summer, June 5-July 30; the YMCA will use the Headwaters Campus Fields.
Camp del Sol and Camp Taiyang
Join us for a fun way to ease into language immersion for new students or brush up on language skills for returning students.
Generally, all activities are conducted in Spanish or Chinese at an age-appropriate level. Incoming kindergarteners will have a daily language arts component as well as games, songs, crafts, and storytelling. Campers will also participate in some form of physical education each day. Returning students will follow themes for each day.
Parents must pack a lunch from home. You must also arrange for transportation; no bus service is available.
Dates and Times
PLEASE NOTE: Camp is offered Monday through Thursday. There is no camp on Friday.
Incoming Spanish & Chinese Kindergarteners
Monday, July 10 - Thursday, July 13 • 9:00 - 2:00
Daily language arts activities, games, songs, crafts, storytelling, and physical education.
Returning Spanish & Chinese Students
Monday, July 17 - Thursday, July 20 • 9:00 - 2:00
In addition to language practice through activities and physical education, returning students will follow a daily theme:
- Monday – Artful Antics
- Tuesday – Sensational Science
- Wednesday – Wacky Water
- Thursday – Amazing Race
Please complete a separate registration HERE for each child by June 23. MN 55025