Should You Send Your Sick Child To Explorer Club or Little Explorers?
Sniffles? Headache? Rash? There’s never a good day for a little person to be sick. Because we care about your child and all of the children in our program, please keep your child home from LILA and home from Explorer Club or Little Explorers if you see or suspect any of the following illnesses:
- Vomiting: Child may not return until 24 hours after the vomiting has stopped without the aid of medication.
- Severe cold symptoms
- Discharge from eyes or ears
- Diarrhea: Child may not return to school until 24 hours after the diarrhea has stopped without the aid of medication.
- Undiagnosed rash
- Profuse nasal discharge
- Temperature above 100 degrees (orally). Child may not return until 24 hours after the temperature has returned to normal without medication.
- Exposure to communicable disease, such as whooping cough, measles, mumps, pink eye, ringworm, fifth’s disease, chicken pox, diphtheria, scarlet fever, strep throat, lice, etc.
Please note: If your child takes any medication, including over-the-counter medicines or lotions, please submit the Medication Dispense Form. This is required. Help us keep your child safe!
Contact LILA’s front desk at 651-464-0771 and the Explorer Club/Little Explorers office at 651-252-6720 to report the absence.
What If Illnesses Happen At Explorer Club or Little Explorers?
Remember, if your child is too sick to go to school, your child cannot attend Explorer Club or Little Explorers. You should contact LILA’s front desk at 651-464-0771 and the Explorer Club /Little Explorers office at 651-252-6720 to report the absence.
But sometimes a child looks fine in the morning and becomes sick at the program. Then what?
- If your child becomes sick at Explorer Club or Little Explorers, we send your child to the nurse’s office or another safe area away from others for his or her own comfort and to prevent spreading the illness. We notify a parent of the situation.
- If we cannot reach a parent, we will call the emergency contact listed on your child’s registration form.
- Staff will take appropriate measures to care for your child until a parent arrives.