PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Last week, fourth grade students took a field trip to BizTown, a kid-sized city simulation where students become working adults for the day. Pictured above, LILA student Connor Fraley, aka the Engineer, opens his BizTown savings account with Savings Officer Kennedy Lasch. This excursion is a great way to practice the IB Action Cycle - Choose, Act, and Reflect. Each student had a job, worked with their business team, and chose where to spend their hard earned money!
- Forest Lake Festival of Cultures: Come out to the Forest Lake High School for the Festival of Cultures this coming Friday night, 5:30-8pm. LILA language ambassadors will represent several countries at this free and family friendly community event. See the details on their flyer.
Track and Field Correction: Lower School Track and Field begins April 16. The community ed flyer shows practices on Mondays and Wednesdays. For LILA students, practices are Mondays and Thursdays. Get your sneakers and see you at practice!
Concordia Language Villages Scholarships: Want to try out a new language as a family or as an individual? Check out Concordia Language Villages! Scholarship applications are due April 25. Find more information here.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 4/10 - School Board Annual Mtg, 5pm @Main Campus Library, 2nd Grade Concert, 6pm in the Main Campus Gym
- 4/13 - Forest Lake Area Festival of Cultures, 5:30-8pm in the FL High School gym
- 4/16 - 5th Grade Exhibition
- 4/23 - NO SCHOOL, teacher inservice
- 4/28 - LILA Foundation Gala - buy tickets here
- 4/30, 5/1 - Theatre and Dance Performance Nights, 7-8pm @HW Gym
- 5/4 - Upper School Spring Dance - "Under the Sea," 7-9:30pm @HW
- 5/6 - Spring Flower Fundraiser Pick-up, 2-4pm, Main Campus Gym
- 5/7 - Middle School Choir/Orchestra/Band Performance, 6-7:30pm@HW
- 5/8 - Beginning Choir/Orchestra/Band and High School Choir/Orchestra/Band Performance, 6pm@HW
- 5/15 - Graduation, 6pm@HW, 4th Grade Music Concert 5:30pm@MC gym; Spring Iterm Begins
- 5/18 - Family Fun Night
- 5/23 - Last Day of School
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Family Fun Night: Save the date for Family Fun Night on May 18! Currently the PTO organizers are looking for Classroom Basket Coordinators. One is needed per class/advisory. Learn more about this easy role and sign up now!
Construction Traffic: MNDOT has begun work on a major construction project along the I-35 split. View current and long-term stages of the work at their website. Plans include road resurfacing and the construction of three new bridges. Plan to add time and patience to your commute if it will be affected - this will be a long project spanning into next school year!
WANT MORE NEWS?