Explorer Club & Little Explorers
COVID-19 Update For Summer Registration - Coming Soon!
We are excited to open LILA’s Explorer Club & Little Explorers summer child care program at the Lower School campus!
Under Executive Order 20-57 issued by Governor Walz, our program will reopen starting June 10, 2020. The program will operate under updated practices, guidelines, and an addendum to the handbook, created in accordance with the guidance put out by the Center for Disease Control and Minnesota Department of Health.
Detailed information will be sent via email to those families currently registered for summer as well as to all district families. Availability depends upon responses and needs of currently enrolled families, with priority given to Tier 1 workers.
We will continue to provide a safe, fun, caring summer program to engage your student in play and age-appropriate enrichment activities.
Watch for updated information soon!
Welcome to Explorer Club and Little Explorers!
Before or after school, your child can enjoy a fun, engaging, nurturing, and safe environment at Lakes International Language Academy's child care program.
Our well-qualified staff plans a play-based learning environment with opportunities for social interaction, physical development, and enrichment activities. Often, the staff also organizes special in-house activities or off-site field trips.
Committed to the development and excellence of the whole child, Explorer Club School-Age Care and Little Explorers Preschool Care echo LILA's learning goals, language immersion philosophy, and approach to classroom behavior management.
Little Explorers, for 3- and 4-year-old students registered in LILA's Kinder Prep preschool, provides onsite care at the Kinder Center located at the Main Campus across the street from the elementary school. Explorer Club provides onsite care for LILA students enrolled in grades K-5 at the Main Campus.
We understand how busy your days can be. Most of us are parents, too. We work very hard to create safe and positive experiences for your child. Please read the 2020-21 Explorer Club Parent Handbook (PDF) for important details about our program and review our Behavior Contract. We appreciate your cooperation and your trust in us.
Explorer Club and Little Explorers Registration - Important Dates!
LILA respects your family's privacy. Please refer to our Data Privacy Notice (also called a Tennessen Notice) for more information about submitting data when you apply to the Explorer Club or Little Explorers.
- We urge you to submit your application early, as spots fill quickly. Registration fees must be paid at the time of your online registration and all outstanding balance must be paid in full.
- Updated fee information is available in the Parent Handbook (see PDF above) or on the monthly calendars.
- After we receive your completed registration form, corresponding documents, and registration fee, we will email confirmation acknowledging your child's acceptance to the Explorer Club or Little Explorers program.
- Payment is the responsibility of the parent/guardian who signs the registration form. Checks or cash can be received by mail or in the lock box at your program location. Monthly care calendars are due by the 22nd of the month previous to care requested.
- If paying by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), please complete the authorization form and place it in the LILA Main Campus Drop Box.
- Contact us for additional registration information.
Changes After Submitting Your Care Calendar
Contact LILA’s absence line at 651-252-6710 and Explorer Club at 651-252-6720, if your child is absent from school. Explorer Club does not reduce tuition or reimburse for absences.
For all other changes, please notify the Explorer Club office by noon. A switch-day may be possible for a fee, if prior notice and space is available.
Care Schedules with your payment can be dropped off in the lock box at LILA’s front office or the Explorer Club Parent Center.