Explorer Club School-Age Care
Explorer Club School-Age Care is a before- and after-school program that provides quality care in a structured setting. We offer a safe environment for your child to build positive social skills, learn about conflict resolution, explore team-building skills, and grow lifelong friendships with other LILA students. Explorer Club also provides a structured homework time for students to be able to work independently or with one another. Enrollment in Explorer Club is first-come, first-served, with limited spaces available each year.
Program Schedule, Fees & Payments
- Explorer Club follows the same school-year calendar as LILA with the option of full day Explorer Club care from 6:00 am-6:00 pm on most non-school days, based on attendance. Care is not provided on holidays.
- Drop-in care is available with a 24-hour notice to confirm availability.
- Email the Explorer Office with any changes to your schedule or questions regarding payment.
- Explorer Club Care Calendars are available online and at the Explorer Club parent center.
- Care Calendars and payment are due by the 22nd of the month prior to the requested month of care to secure a spot in the program - i.e. September 22 for October care. Late Care Calendars will be assessed a late calendar fee and a late payment fee.
Schedule Changes, Absences & After-School Activities
- If your child is absent from school, and will not be attending Explorer Club, please notify the Explorer Office by email or phone at 651-252-6720.
- Explorer Club does not reduce tuition or reimburse for absences.
- For all other changes, please notify the Explorer Club office by noon. A switch-day may be possible for a fee, if prior notice and space is available.
- If your child will be attending an after-school activity, please notify the Explorer Club office and provide the following details: child’s name, activity (e.g. Mad Science), day and time (e.g. Wednesdays from 2:15-3:30 pm), and the duration of the program (e.g. September 10-November 30).
Non-School Days Schedule & Fees
- Explorer Club operates from 6:00 am-6:00 pm on non-school days. Care is not provided on holidays.
- The non-school day schedule is similar to the school day schedule with the addition of lunch, and additional enrichment and theme-based activities.
- A morning and afternoon snack is provided. Families are required to send a lunch with their child each day.
- Please refer to the Parent Handbook for non-school day pricing options.
Explorer Club School Day Program At-A-Glance
• Self-Guided Centers, Arts &
Crafts, Homework Time
• Gym Time
• Breakfast Option & Release
• Afternoon Meeting,
Greeting & Activity
• Bathroom Break & Snack
• Quiet Time: Homework,
Reading, Quiet Activities
• Gym, Self-Guided Centers