Little Explorers Before/After-School Care
Little Explorers Child Care Preschool, located in the Kinder Center building across the street from LILA’s Lower School at the Main Campus, is a program with language-infused learning fun. Students engage in songs, activities, and learning opportunities in Chinese, Spanish, and English. The program follows the same policies and procedures as the Explorer Club School-Age Care Program; please read the Parent Handbook.
Enrollment in the Little Explorers preschool care program is first-come, first-served, and there are limited spaces available each year.
Child Eligibility Requirements
• Children must be registered with Lakes International Language Academy’s Kinder Prep preschool program.
• Children must be at least 3 years of age, but not yet in kindergarten.
• Children must be toilet trained and be able to use the bathroom independently prior to entering the program.
• Parents are responsible for transporting children to and from Little Explorers.
• Little Explorers follows the same school-year calendar as LILA Kinder Prep with the option of All-Day Little Explorers care from 7:30am - 5:00pm on most non-school days, based on attendance (with the exception of holidays).
• We offer monthly contracted care and drop-in care (24-hour notice required) from 6:00 a.m.-7:30 a.m., 2:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday–Friday.
• Little Explorers care calendars are available online and at the Little Explorers parent center. Calendars are due along with your payment by the 22nd of the prior month of care
Care Request Calendars
Care Calendars are due by the 22nd of the month prior to the requested care with your payment to secure a place for your child in our preschool program.
Little Explorers Day At A Glance
6:00 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
• Structured free play
• Small group time: songs, stories, share, circle time
• Dismissal - Transition to classrooms
2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. or 6:00 p.m.
• Transition time: Wash hands, use bathroom, water break
• Group time: songs, stories, share, circle time, calendar, special days
• Centers or Activity
• Structured free play
Non-School Day (Little Explorers Day) runs from 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and is similar to the above schedule with the added lunch (parents provide from home) and rest period along with enrichment age-appropriate, theme-based activities. The Little Explorers Program provides a morning and afternoon snack. Please see the 2021-22 Parent Handbook for further details regarding policies and procedures along with pricing options.