Little Explorers Preschool Care
Little Explorers Preschool Care offers a fun before- and after-school, and non-school day, language-infused program where students engage in songs, activities, and other learning opportunities in Chinese, Spanish, and English. Enrollment in Little Explorers is first-come, first-served with limited spaces available each year.
- Children must be enrolled in the Lakes International Language Academy Kinder Prep Preschool program and be at least three years of age, but not yet in kindergarten.
- Children must be toilet trained and able to use the bathroom independently prior to entering the program.
- Families are responsible for transporting children to and from Little Explorers.
Program Schedule, Fees & Payments
- Little Explorers follows the same school-year calendar as Kinder Prep Preschool with the option of full day Little Explorers care from 7:30 am-5:00 pm on most non-school days, based on attendance. Care is not provided on holidays.
- Drop-in care is available with a 24-hour notice is required to confirm availability.
- Email the Explorer Office with any changes to your schedule or questions regarding payments.
- Little Explorers Care Calendars are available online and at the Little Explorers parent center.
- Care Calendars and payment are due by the 22nd of the month prior to the requested month of care to secure a spot in the program - i.e. September 22 for October care. Care Calendars turned in late will be assessed a late calendar fee.
- If paying by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), please complete the authorization form and place it in the LILA Main Campus Drop Box.
Schedule Changes & Absences
- If your child is absent from school, and will not be attending Little Explorers, please notify the Explorer Office by email or by phone at 651-252-6720.
- Little Explorers and Explorer Club do not reduce tuition or reimburse for absences.
- For all other changes, please notify the Explorer Club office by noon. A switch-day may be possible for a fee, if prior notice and space is available.
Non-School Days Schedule & Fees
- Little Explorers operates from 7:30 am-5:00 pm on non-school days. Care is not provided on holidays.
- The non-school day schedule is similar to the school day schedule with the addition of lunch, rest period, and additional enrichment and theme-based activities.
- A morning and afternoon snack is provided. Families are required to send a lunch with their child each day.
- Please refer to the Parent Handbook for non-school day pricing options.
Little Explorers School Day
• Structured Free Play
• Small Group Time: Songs,
Stories, Share, Circle Time
• Dismissal: Transition to
2:00-4:30 pm or 2:00-6:00 pm
• Transition: Wash Hands,
Bathroom, Water Break
• Group Time: Songs, Stories,
Share, Circle Time, Calendar,
• Centers or Activity
• Structured Free Play