Focusing on the Future
To fully realize our vision as a leading Language Immersion and IB World School, LILA must be able to attract and retain quality staff, and provide opportunities for students and staff to learn and teach here and abroad. These are the reasons core a group of parents and staff formed the LILA Foundation in 2008 as a separate, but affiliated, 501(c)(3) organization.
The Foundation’s mission is to establish and maintain an endowment to be used to enhance the quality of education for LILA students. This will be accomplished through three primary objectives:
- Promote global understanding through support of ideas and opportunities for students and staff, such as travel abroad or scholarships.
- Enhance and enrich the student learning experience by augmenting teacher compensation, and providing training opportunities and incentives in order to recruit and retain talented staff.
- Provide funding to support the International Baccalaureate Program's focus on the arts, science and technology, language, social studies, mathematics, and personal, social and physical education.
Make a Gift to the LILA Foundation Today.
Your gift of any size will help us build an endowment to enhance the quality of education for LILA students for generations to come!
Floyd and Jeanette Marcott Family Scholarship for International Travel: This scholarship fund was created to provide financial assistance to students in grades 8-12 who are interested in international study. The annual $2,000 scholarship can be awarded to one student or shared between a maximum of four students. Scholarships are limited to one per student, and funds are disbursed directly to LILA who then pays expenses on the recipients' behalf. The application period opens prior to scheduled international travel dates, and awards are announced within a week of the application deadline.
Inquiry 360 Grants: These grants provide funding for teachers to travel abroad for professional development experiences that support IB attributes, such as open-mindedness and risk-taking. As a condition of funding, grantees are asked to share their learnings with other staff members and students. The grant application period typically opens in January/February. Awards are announced in March.
One Goal, Many Ways to Achieve It
- Make a one-time donation of any size. Consider adding the LILA Foundation to your annual list of nonprofits.
- Become a Dragon Sustainer. Regular, on-going gifts aid in planning and build our endowment quickly. Automatic withdrawals are made from your account. Cancel or change your donation at any time.
- Pursue employer matching funds. This is a benefit provided by employers as a way to encourage giving and increase donor impact. Check here to see if your company is on the list or with your employer directly.
- Contact us to discuss planned giving. Donor-advised funds, stocks and securities, real estate, and charitable gift annuities are some of the ways YOU can become a partner for the future, advance the Foundation’s mission, and leave a lasting legacy.
- Support annual giving events. Attend the Foundation Gala, family friendly events such as the Scary Scamper 5K, Trollhaugen sledding, or others.
- Join the LILA Foundation Board! Share your time and talents with our awesome team of passionate and committed supporters.
I love LILA for so many reasons, but one of my favorite is the community built around the school. LILA has so many opportunities to get involved and make a difference. There is such a strong community of both parents and teachers working together to enhance every students' experience.
- Stephanie Farrell, Parent