PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Congratulations to all FOUR Destination Imagination Teams who competed at the state tournament and qualified for GLOBALS! There is a gofundme page set up to help the 18 students and 5 chaperones afford the trip to Knoxville, Tennessee, May 23-26. Congrats to these creative and principled thinkers!
- Scrip Gift Card Orders: Need an end of year giftcard? Scrip Users - Place your orders for physical gift cards now through May 14! Scrip is an individualized student fundraiser program to aid in the costs of student travel opportunities. Learn more about it here. You can start at any time, but please note that it takes about a week to set up an account.
- My Hero & Me Dance: The girls from the Junior Auxiliary of the Forest Lake American Legion Post 225 are hosting a "My Hero and Me Dance" on May 12 from 5-9pm at the legion. The dance is a free community event where kids may bring an everyday "hero" (teacher, parent, firefighter, police officer, etc) in their life to the dance. There will be a DJ, food, and activity booths (make a poppy, write letters to veterans, take photos, etc). Please join in!
- Girls' Athletics Meeting: Save the date for two informational meetings about the future developments of Girls' 5th-12th grade athletics! A soccer meeting will be held on May 7, 5-6pm. The Girls' Basketball meeting takes place May 17, 7-8pm. Both events will take place at the Headwaters Campus.
- Exhibition: Congratulations to the LILA 5th graders on completing AND presenting their exhibition projects! These inquiry based projects explored a range of topics, from animal shelters to pollution to injuries in sports, and has already inspired action amongst the younger students who watched them - for example, kindergartners were seen collecting trash on the playground after sitting in on a presentation about littering. Thank you to the 5th grade teachers and many coaches who helped students through every step of the research process!
FROM THE PTO:
- Teacher Appreciation Week May 7-11: Please join the PTO in celebrating our hard-working teachers and staff at both campuses! The following themes are just a suggestion - students are encouraged to follow one or more themes, or be creative with their own ideas.
- Monday, May 7 - Rest and Relaxation Day
- Tuesday, May 8 - Treat Day
- Wednesday, May 9 - Flower Day (real or homemade!)
- Thursday, May 10 - Note of Thanks Day - from student or parents, addressed to current or past teachers!
- Friday, May 11 - Creativity Day - End the week with anything you would like - a gift, art project, or ? It's up to you!
- Flower Pick-up: May 6 is delivery day for the flowers fundraiser! Need a dose of color in your life? Volunteer to unload and set up the orders! It's the one time of year that the Main Campus Gym turns into an instant garden! Note - due to the fragility of the plants, please pick up your orders promptly on delivery day.
- Family Fun Night: Save the date for Family Fun Night on May 18! Currently the PTO organizers are looking for Classroom Basket Coordinators. One is needed per class/advisory. Learn more about this easy role and sign up now!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 5/4 - Upper School Spring Dance - "Under the Sea," 7-9:30pm @HW
- 5/6 - Spring Flower Fundraiser Pick-up, 2-4pm, Main Campus Gym
- 5/7 - Middle School Choir/Orchestra/Band Performance, 6-7:30pm@ HW
- 5/7 - LILA/NLA Girls' Soccer Co-op mtg, 5-6pm @HW - female athletes entering 5th-12th invited to learn more!
- 5/8 - Beginning Choir/Orchestra/Band and High School Choir/Orchestra/Band Performance, 6pm @HW
- 5/15 - Upper School Graduation, 6pm@HW, 4th Grade Music Concert 5:30pm @MC gym
- 5/16 - Spring iTerm begins
- 5/17 - Girls' Basketball Program Mtg, 7-8pm @HW for female athletes entering 5th-12th grades
- 5/18 - Family Fun Night
- 5/21 - Kindergarten Graduation
- 5/22 - 5th Grade Graduation, 1pm, and 5th Grade Lock-in to follow
- 5/23 - Last Day of School
SUMMER FUN & FORMS:
- Lower School Summer Camp: Looking for language opportunities this summer? LILA summer camps are now open for registration! Click here for more information about camp, and reigister under the activities page on FeePay.
- Summer Tutoring: If you are interested in paid individual tutoring for your child with a LILA teacher this summer, please check out this google doc. Teachers from both Lower and Upper School can help students of all ages to maintain their language and academic skills! Please contact the teachers directly for more information.
- Summer Chess Club: A summer session of Chess Club is available, both full and half days. Check it out at their summer link!
- Lower School Parent Input Form: Parents have the option to fill out a Parent Input Form before class lists are created for next fall. Teachers work very hard to create balanced classes where all students can thrive. Rather than asking for a certain teacher or placement with a friend, we ask that you share the teacher characteristics that would best help your child succeed. This optional form is due May 11.
WANT MORE NEWS?