PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
The LILA 4th-6th grade track and field team competed last Thursday at the Community Ed District Track Meet. LILA students showed great determination and efforts, and many came away with first, second, and third place finishes. Great work, Dragons!
- Library Books: Sophie and Ellyn would like to remind you to start checking around for library materials and leveled books! Items need to find their way back to both campuses by Friday, May 18. Watch for late slips with missing titles to come by early next week.
- Health Office Reminders: Please pick up your students' medications from the health office if you kept any on file this year. Summer is a great time to complete phsyicals and immunizations, especially for incoming kindergarteners and students transitioning to 6th/7th grade. Please note that students planning to play fall sports need a SPORTS physical on file. Stay healthy this summer!
- Know an incoming Kindergarten student? Invite them to camp! LILA summer camp is filling up fast, but there are a few remaining spots! Summer camp is a great way to make friends and ease into immersion before the school year starts. Learn more here.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 5/15 - Upper School Graduation, 6pm@HW, 4th Grade Music Concert 5:30pm @MC gym
- 5/16 - Spring iTerm begins
- 5/17 - Girls' Basketball Program Mtg, 7-8pm @HW for female athletes entering 5th-12th grades
- 5/18 - Family Fun Night
- 5/21 - Kindergarten Graduation
- 5/22 - 5th Grade Graduation, 1pm, and 5th Grade Lock-in to follow
- 5/23 - Last Day of School!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Shopping for LILA: There are many ways to contribute financially to LILA, but one of the easy ones is by switching your regular Amazon shopping to Amazon Smile. Amazon will donate to LILA! Likewise, Office Depot makes a 5% donation (You'll need your receipt and the school ID #70210848). Finally, save your Box Tops for Education over the summer! All these small steps make a big impact.
- Summer Eats: Many sites around MN offer free meals throughout the summer to kids and teens 18 and younger. There is now an app and interactive map service to help families find the parks and buildings where food is offered. Visit summereatsmn.org for more information.
WANT MORE NEWS?