PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
It's After-School Professionals Appreciation week & Administrative Professional Day! Thanks to all the Little Explorer and Explorer Club staff who care for our kids outside of the school day! And thank you, front office staff, who make our year run smoothly!
- Lower School Parent Input Form: Parents have the option to fill out a Parent Input Form before class lists are created for next fall. Teachers work very hard to create balanced classes where all students can thrive. Rather than asking for a certain teacher or placement with a friend, we ask that you share the teacher characteristics that would best help your child succeed. This optional form is due May 11.
- Summer Tutoring: If you are interested in paid individual tutoring for your child with a LILA teacher this summer, please check out this google doc. Teachers from both Lower and Upper School can help students of all ages to maintain their language and academic skills! Please contact the teachers directly for more information.
- Summer Chess Club: A summer session of Chess Club is available, both full and half days. Check it out at their summer link!
- Dream Big - Engineering Our World Event: Join other inquiry-minded people on Saturday, April 28 for Civil Engineering Day at the Science Museum! There is a gallery exhibit and omni-movie event. Learn about the challenges and creative solutions that civil engineers face in order to make the world a better place. See more information here.
FROM THE PTO:
- Hello LILA Families! It's almost Flower Day! May 6 is the delivery day for flowers and VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED! If you and your school aged children can lend a hand an hour or two that day, it would be greatly appreciated! Sign up and more information will be sent to you. The proceeds from the flower fundraiser benefit the Language Ambassador program, as well as support classroom needs throughout the year. Thank you for giving LILA your time and energy! Sign up here.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 4/28 - LILA Foundation Gala
- 4/30 - 5th Grade Exhibition - daytime presentations
- 4/30, 5/1 - Theatre and Dance Performance Nights, 7-8pm @HW Gym
- 5/4 - Upper School Spring Dance - "Under the Sea," 7-9:30pm @HW
- 5/6 - Spring Flower Fundraiser Pick-up, 2-4pm, Main Campus Gym
- 5/7 - Middle School Choir/Orchestra/Band Performance, 6-7:30pm@ HW
- 5/8 - Beginning Choir/Orchestra/Band and High School Choir/Orchestra/Band Performance, 6pm @HW
- 5/15 - Upper School Graduation, 6pm@HW, 4th Grade Music Concert 5:30pm @MC gym
- 5/16 - Spring iTerm begins
- 5/18 - Family Fun Night
- 5/21 - Kindergarten Graduation
- 5/22 - 5th Grade Graduation, 1pm, and 5th Grade Lock-in to follow
- 5/23 - Last Day of School
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Family Fun Night: Save the date for Family Fun Night on May 18! Currently the PTO organizers are looking for Classroom Basket Coordinators. One is needed per class/advisory. Learn more about this easy role and sign up now!
- Lower School Summer Camp: Looking for language opportunities this summer? LILA summer camps are now open for registration! Click here for more information about camp, and reigister under the activities page on FeePay.
WANT MORE NEWS?