Important Information For Incoming LILA Families:
From Kindergarten And Beyond!
At LILA, we try to make organizing school tasks easy for parents. There’s just so much to do! This directory highlights important topics and helpful tips to keep your family informed and on track.
VERY IMPORTANT information about COVID, immunizations, illness, health forms, and more. Definitely read this page.
VERY IMPORTANT information about how LILA transportation works. Definitely read this page.
TIP! You must reside within the District of 831 to be eligible for busing.
• Bus enrollment begins soon after enrollment, so plan accordingly.
• Learn about our Silent Dismissal to set your child’s schedule.
VERY IMPORTANT information about excused/unexcused absences and more. Definitely read this page.
TIP! Look near the top right of the MyLILA.org home page for a quick link to report an absence (or click here).
We value punctuality here at LILA, an important life skill and helpful to classroom community-building. Your assistance is gratefully appreciated.
Preschool - Gr. 5 Childcare
TIP! Register right away when registration opens to secure your child’s spot!
Child Care web page: https://mylila.org/child-care
• Registration for Little Explorers and Explorer Club: https://mylila.org/child-care/explorer-club-registration
• Information on Explorer Club (before and after school care for Kindergarten through 5th grade): https://mylila.org/child-care/explorer-club-k-5
• Information on Little Explorers (before and after school care for preschoolers): https://mylila.org/child-care/little-explorers
• Summer Child Care Information: https://mylila.org/child-care/summer
Lunchroom & Recess
This break includes 25 minutes for recess followed by 25 minutes for lunch (usually in that order, which we thinks works better for digestion and learning!)
TIP! Consider using the Paypams system for your child’s lunch account. It allows you to reload your account when funds are low from your phone or computer.
• Check menus, payment information, and to see if you qualify for free or reduced lunch: Cafeteria Quick Link
School & Classroom Newsletters
TIP! Read these each week for the latest information!
• The Lower School Principal sends a weekly newsletter.
• The Upper School Principal sends a weekly newsletter, too.
• Each classroom teacher sends a newsletter to highlight important classroom information.
• The Executive Director sends a monthly newsletter about district-wide information.
Really. Please read your newsletters and emails! Our communication channels keep you updated on important information and fun events, too, like Soup Supper (1st grade), Chinese New Year or Spanish Family Fiesta, Snow Tubing, Fun Fundraising, PTO Family Fun Night, Foundation Gala and more.
• LILA offers an array of Special Education services, including 504 plans.
• Please contact our Special Education department or your principal for more information about accessing Basic Skills support, social services, ESL support, Speech skills, Enrichment, and other services.