Arts, Activities & Athletics
LILA encourages learning and leadership development beyond the classroom. Complementing our rigorous academic curriculum is an array of opportunities for students to explore sports, the arts, clubs, and more. We strive to offer low participation fees, ensuring those that want to get involved in extracurricular activities are able to do so.
Registration and payment must be completed through LILAPay before the season starts or first day of the club or activity. Some sports and activities have participation limits due to space, so the earlier you register the better. LILA makes every effort to ensure activities are affordable and accessible. If you are unable to make a payment in full, please contact Jenni Muras to discuss a payment plan.
Refunds - General Policy:
- If LILA cancels a sport or activity, a full refund will be issued.
- If a student chooses to withdraw from a sport or activity after the first two weeks, not due to illness or injury, there will be no refund of the fee.
- If a student chooses to withdraw after the first week of practice, they will be responsible for half of the fee.
- If a student chooses to withdraw after the first two weeks of practice, they will be responsible for the entire fee.
Refunds - COVID Policy:
- If 75% or more of the season is completed, there will be no refund due to administrative costs, coach prep time, MSHSL fees, etc.
- If <75% of the season is completed, LILA will refund the % remaining less 10% to cover administrative costs, coach prep time, MSHSL fees, etc.
The Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) and LILA require a physical every three years - e.g. 7th & 10th grades, 9th & 12th grades, etc. Students will not be allowed to practice or compete until a physical is completed and on file in the Health Services office. Student athletes without a physical on file should still attend all practices, participate in stretching and assist with team activities until their physical can be scheduled. Email the completed MSHSL sports physical form, signed by your health care provider, to the Health Office, or you may drop it off at either the Upper School health or front office.
Students have the opportunity to earn a letter in any Varsity sport. For other activities, speak with the coach/advisor of the activity to learn about their lettering requirements. LILA provides the chenille letter ‘L’ for first-time letter winners, and families purchase directly through partner shops for other jacket items.
Forest Lake Cycle & Skate
455 Lake St. N.
Harold Shoe Repair
2940 Rice St.
For specific activity or sports questions contact:
The advisor or coach for the activity or sport. Contact information can be found in the tabs below.
Lakes International Language Academy respects your family’s privacy. In compliance with Minnesota law, we offer a Data Privacy Notice, also called a Tennessen Notice, for your review when we request any information about your student or family.