School health services supports the individual health and well-being of each student in partnership with families, students, staff, and community partners. It an essential component of the overall school program. Students who are experiencing health problems may have a difficult time adjusting to school, or they may be distracted or experience frequent absences. Health offices are staffed by health aides under the direction of a Licensed School Nurse.
Health Services staff provides the following services:
- First aid and emergency care.
- Administer medication according to our medication policy taken from Minnesota Board of Nursing requirements.
- Maintain individual student health service records.
- Monitor for communicable disease.
- Monitor immunization status of students.
- Manage health plans for students with health conditions.
- Partner with families in long-term management of chronic health conditions as well as short-term
management of acute health conditions.
Health Services Contacts
Jill Rosenthal, BSN, RN, PHN, LSN
Kinder Center Health Room Lower School Health Room Upper School Health Room
651-464-0771 x403 651-464-0771 x203 651-464-8989 x303